Doula : (doo-lah) a Greek word meaning servant
Get the support you need for the most important experience of your life. Your birth team is an essential part of what will make your experience both positive and mindblowingly (is that a word?) AWESOME!
What does a Doula do?
- Provides emotional and physical support during pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman and her partner in preparing for and carrying out their plans for birth
- Stays by the side of the laboring woman throughout the entire labor
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and the clinical care providers
Who can use a Doula?
Doulas attend homebirth with a midwife, hospital birth with an OB/Midwife and we provide essential after care and support.