Annie began her career in the birthing world in 2003 when she worked for a non profit organization in Toronto. She worked as a support worker to at risk young moms and ended up filling the role of a birth assistant (doula) and childbirth educator to fill in the gaps for her clients. In 2007, after the birth of her son, she ventured onto her own path as a labor doula, postpartum doula, both childbirth and HypnoBirthing educator and a breastfeeding support specialist. Annie’s passion is in helping women (and their partners) find strength and power in themselves through their birth experiences and on their parenting journey. Annie’s ability to meet the needs of her clients before, during and after birth, coupled with her ability to teach and guide the partner during labor, help make the birth of their child rewarding and satisfying to both new parents. She is also very good at identifying and helping moms solve their breastfeeding issues, often being referred to as “the milk fairy”. Annie goes above and beyond to help her clients.
Annie has been married for 10 years to her awesome husband, and together they live in Muskoka with their amazing son, 2 high spirited dogs and 3 ancient fish who just keep on growing.
Annie is certified by DONA, ICEA, and the HypnoBirthing Institute. She also has a fully insured practice.
The heart of Birth Doula Care is found in the depth of support your family receives from pregnancy through postpartum, a wonderful blend of information, emotional and physical support, and resources.
All of my Birth Doula packages include:
- 1 prenatal home consultation,
- Ongoing email and phone consultation
- Postpartum home support, including breastfeeding counselling (hours vary by package)
- Hypnobirthing support for parents that have taken the HypnoBirthing classes
- Labour support until your baby is breastfeeding and you are comfortable
- A Back Up Doula
- Use of a TENS machine during labour if desired.
I am available to your family with 24/7 on-call service, and also have back-up doula care available in the case of illness or a long labour that requires additional support.
- This package offers your family quality doula care and support with all of the standard offerings listed above including with one postpartum visit.
- Should you need further support postpartum, additional home visits and breastfeeding support are available for just $35 an hour (minimum 3 hour appointment).
Advanced Birthmost popular package
- This package offers TWO postpartum home visits to help ensure a smooth transition with breastfeeding, along with all of our standard birth doula offerings listed above.
- There is tremendous benefit in having a doula that will help ease your anxieties around breastfeeding.
- You will receive 3 extra postpartum hours of support for you and your newborn.
- Should you need further support postpartum, additional home visits and breastfeeding support are available for just $35 an hour (minimum 3 hours).
The Kitchen Sink
- Gift yourself with complete support through pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
- During pregnancy you will enjoy a FULL curriculum Private Prenatal class to ensure you have the best possible information and tools to support your birth experience.
- Your birth doula will support you through a smooth labour then guide you in breastfeeding.
- Along with classic birth doula care, and full childbirth education, you will enjoy 6 hours of postpartum doula care in your home, providing support with baby care, breastfeeding, and self-care.
** Fees for the packages can be paid either in full email money transfer or in postdated cheques.
Choose the method of payment that fits your family best.
- Emotional, physical and informational support during the postpartum period
- Support by telephone and email as needed from signing
- Availability starting one week on either side of your due date
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Grocery shopping
- Running errands as deemed important by Mom
- Expert breastfeeding assistance
- Expert general newborn care, as requested by Mom so as not to interfere with mother/baby bonding
- Specialty in multiples, Cesarean and VBAC Care
- *4 Hour Minimum
Overnight Supportmost popular package
- Over night stay from 10:00pm to 6:00am
- Bottle feeding or night latching with Doula assistance
- Learn healthy sleep environments and habits
- Record of wet diapers / fluid intake
- Get a good night sleep so by day you are rested and prepared to enjoy the day
Breastfeeding ConsultInitial Breastfeeding Consult
- Listening to your birth story and the problems you are having with breastfeeding
- Examination and assessment of Mother’s breasts and nipples
- Examination and assessment of Baby’s oral anatomy, muscle tone, suck function, energy level
- Observation and assessment of the entire feeding
- Demonstration of ways to improve your baby’s feeding/sucking ability when necessary
- Alternative feeding methods, if necessary, taught with return demonstration
- Help with securing and set-up and rental of hosptial-grade pump, if needed
- Discussion of how much milk your baby needs and how to ensure baby is getting it
- Plan of care discussed and written resources identified
- Supplies, as needed to resolve breastfeeding issues
- Follow-up visit scheduled
- Follow up on initial care plan
- Latch adjusted
- Issues discussed
- Proper referrals discussed.